Turkish Autoclaved Aerated Concrete Association was established by the companies manufacturing autoclaved aerated concrete construction materials and items in November 1990. The title of the Association was permitted as “TURKISH AUTOCLAVED AERATED CONCRETE ASSOCIATION” (Turkish AAC Association) by the decree of the Council of Minister on 20.11.2000 nd no:2000/186.
The autoclaved aerated concrete production was firstly started in Sweden and continued in Germany after it was advanced. The very first AAC was used in Turkey after it was imported from Germany in 1950s. The first AAC production was in Istanbul in 1965.
Turkey is among the greatest autoclaved aerated concrete manufacturers of the world and its capacity makes her number one in Europe.
There are 12 factories of establishments which are among the main industrial companies with 5,3 millions cubic meter annually.
The list of the factories of member companies to Turkish Autoclaved Aerated Concrete Association;
AKG Gazbeton İşletmeleri Sanayi ve Tic. A.Ş.
- İzmir Factory
- Kırıkkale Factory
- Tekirdağ Çorlu Factory
Ege Gazbeton (AKKUŞ Mimarlık İnşaat Turizm San. ve Tic. A.Ş.)
- Aydın Söke Factory
Gaziantep Ytong Sanayi A.Ş.
- Gaziantep Factory
KÇS Gazbeton (Kahramanmaraş Çimento Beton San. ve Madencilik İşletmeleri A.Ş.)
- Kahramanmaraş Factory
Nuh Yapı Ürünleri A.Ş.
- Kocaeli Hereke Factory
Türk Ytong Sanayi A.Ş.
- Antalya Factory
- Bilecik Factory
- İstanbul Çatalca Factory
- Kocaeli Gebze Factory
- Tekirdağ Saray Factory
Turkish AAC Association is a member of European Autoclaved Aerated Concrete Association (EAACA). EAACA represents autoclaved aerated concrete (AAC) manufacturers from 20 countries including Turkey and has close relations with European Parliament and EU Commission. EAACA is an organization to work for the advancement of the productions of its members in line with the CEN, Brussels and Strasbourg criteria.
- Locating the AAC industry as information platform,
- Working for the recognition and reputation of the AAC manufacturers at home and in the world,
- Performing activities for public benefit and creating ideas on energy efficiency, earthquake safety, fire safety and environmental aspects,
- Enabling the sectoral advancement and solidarity,
- Finding common solutions for sectoral problems, Increasing the recognition and reputation of AAC manufacturers.
VALUES AND PRINCIPLES:
Turkish AAC Association,
- accepts to be a respected and reliable NGO as the most important principle.
- acts with social responsibility based on general interests.
- believes in the share of the sectoral academic knowledge and supports the work and studies of the academicians in that direction.
Turkish AAC Association,
- Tries to contribute the higher consumption of the AAC in Turkey with its activities top develop the industry.
- Thus, it attempts for the legal regulations in line with that aim.
- Works to direct the technical and economical developments in line with the national interests by enabling the professional progression and solidarity among the AAC manufacturers.
- AAC awareness in masses as it is energy efficient, resistant to fire and earthquake, environment friendly construction material,
- Recognition of the AAC as a very appropriate construction material in Green Buildings and Passive Buildings or Zero-Energy Buildings by all shareholders,
- Regular increase of the AAC share in masonry sector.